RE: COVID-19 and our church
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic there has been many changes made here at Howard Street Christian Church.
* Worship service is now live streamed on the Church's FaceBook page on Sunday morning at 10:30.
* Worship in the Sanctuary is open to all with the following changes:
1. Social distancing in the pews is required (family units may sit together).
2. Masks are recommended when entering & exiting but may be removed when seated & while
observing the 6 foot social distancing requirement.
3. Individual communion is provided at the door (no passing of communion).
4. Offering trays are provided at the door (no passing).
5. Announcements can be pre written or can be given from a microphone at the front of the sanctuary (no microphone will be passed).
* Board meetings will follow worship service on the designated Sunday with NO potluck dinner.
* Sunday School classes will not meet.
This is a difficult time for everyone including the Church! As the rest of 2020 plays out we will have a better grasp as to what things we may or may not be able to do when Spring programming plans get closer. What that is going to look like at this time is anybody's guess! Until then, keep the faith, keep safe and pray for all who's lives have been affected by this deadly virus.
Peace be with you, Tom
Welcome, and thank you for visiting Howard Street Christian Church online. We hope that our website highlights the wide variety of worship, fellowship and service opportunities available. Please feel free to read more about our church on this site, or come in for a visit. Our building is located at 101 North Locust Street, in Colfax, Iowa. Check out the "Visit us" page for map and location. Sunday service schedule is listed on the right side of this page. We would love to greet you and share with you our love for Jesus Christ and for you, our fellow disciple.
As members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) denomination our roots are founded in the Stone/Campbell movement of the early 1800's. "No creed but Christ, no book but the Bible," was the founding call to faith. In that, we still to this day, attempt to follow Christ's teaching of living a life that "loves God and loves neighbor as ourselves."
We are a mission church. Just as Jesus reached out a helping hand to those around him, so too our vision is to do whatever we can to share God's love with others.
Sunday Morning Service begins at 10:30.
We celebrate communion every Sunday and all are welcome to participate.
All Sunday School Classes are not meeting
NO adult classes
*Traditional Bible Study class
*What's Up DOC (current events/faith)
NO Children's Classes
NO Fellowship time before worship
Only Sunday morning worship is meeting at this time. Please note above limitations if you choose to attend.
We invite you to join our mailing list to receive emails and special announcements about upcoming events